To assist with creating a safe work environment, the ADA has published a Return To Work Toolkit. This toolkit provides several recommendations to help you provide your essential service in a safe, healthy manner.
Here is a quick summary of the main topics of the toolkit:
- Welcome Back Reassurance Sample Letter – Reassures patients of your office’s commitment to maintaining up-to-date infection control procedures.
- Pre-Appointment Screening Process – Explains how to screen patients for symptoms of COVID-19 before the appointment and upon arrival. It also includes a patient screening form.
- In-Office Patient Registration Procedures – For dental teams to implement at the front-desk before reopening the practice.
- Reception Area Preparation Strategies – How to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission during patient visits.
- Chairside Checklist – Includes procedures for dentists and staff while in the operatory rooms and until the patient’s room is cleaned and disinfected.
- Staff Protection Strategies – Includes recommendations for in-office clothing, pregnant staff, and a daily COVID-19 screening log
During these times of great change, there are a lot of people in the dental field who are afraid to return to work. But there are many practices doing an incredible job of adapting to the times by following the ADA guidelines. Nobody said you can’t have both a fulfilling job and a safe workplace! Download TempDay and sign up today. We will help you find a great dental employer/employee and get your work life back to normal.